Monday, September 27, 2010

Asskicking Mule

A Moscow Mule

DSC01316.jpg Cucumber gin with ginger beer picture by Colchester48


The first time a tried a Moscow Mule was at Starlite Lounge in San Diego. It just so happened to be my birthday that night too.... so let's just say this Mule was an Ass for sure.
That aside, it's pretty tasty, and the original presentation in an ice-cold copper mug makes it even better.
**Unfortunately I don't a copper mug, so a regular glass is pictured above, but wikipedia does have an image of this gorgeous mug.

Vodka, ginger beer, and lime. Add bitters or simple syrup if desired.
Now if I were a bartender, or considering mixing a hobby of mine, then I'd go further into the specifics. However, I never create any mixed drinks, so this is left up to your experience and taste buds.

Your mouth is on fire at first sip from gingers' spicy twang, but then you are instantly cooled off by the freshness of the lime and the ice cold glass.
My mistake on my birthday night was drinking the Mule too fast. Then when I felt dehydrated, I drank it even faster because it was so icy and good! "I'm thirsty, order another!! "
Ladies and gentlemen, the best combination is ice water and slow, enjoyable sipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment